Re: managing OpenLDAP / back-config

Howard Chu wrote:
Michael Ströder wrote:
Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
Michael Ströder writes:
Since web2ldap and the delta-modification generator has full schema
knowledge today I could look up whether there's an EQUALITY matching
rule defined for a given attribute type and then explicitly delete
certain attribute values like Hallvard suggested.

Sure. Again, for single-valued attributes, I didn't see any point in providing EQUALITY rules because there's only one possible value to delete.

But even if the assertion control is not used explicitly deleting certain attribute value(s) makes the modify request fail if a modification to these attributes happened in between. Are you suggesting that I should also look at whether the attribute type is declared with SINGLE-VALUE and then explicitly delete values?

Hmm, this is hairy because LDAP servers might behave quite differently...

Ciao, Michael.