Re: TLS with HPUX problem

On Wed, 28 May 2008, Adam Leach wrote:
It looks like my problem was that with LDAP-UX you can only use TLS over an
unencrypted port.  If you try to use it over 636 it fails.  I guess this is
normal.  Thanks for the help.

What, exactly, were you trying to do? Port 636 is the "ldaps" port, i.e., negotiate-SSL-on-connect, so you have to change the URI schema to use it. If you were trying to do use a URI like "ldap://hostname:636";, then try again with "ldaps://hostname" (636 is the default port for the ldaps schema).

Philip Guenther