Re: URL-encoding noew mandatory with ldapi access ?

Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> writes:

> Guillaume Rousse wrote:
>> By setting up an heimdal KDC with an ldap backend, I found a strange
>> issue: URI-encoding '/' character seems to be mandatory with
>> openldap 2.4 clients (at least 2.4.9) now:
>
> Why do you consider this to be strange?
>
>> [root@stalingrad rousse]# ldapsearch -H ldapi:///var/run/ldap/ldapi
>> DNS SRV: Could not turn DN="var/run/ldap/ldapi" into a domain
>> -> NOK
>
> ldapi:/// translates to an empty host name (here path name) which
> triggers a DNS SRV lookup for _ldap._tcp.domain.

No, ldapi connects to a named pipe. Slashes (/) are not part of
ldapurl but are special characters acording to rfc2396 and have to be
escaped by a percent character (%) and are presented by their hex
value.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung