Re: URL-encoding noew mandatory with ldapi access ?

Guillaume Rousse wrote:

By setting up an heimdal KDC with an ldap backend, I found a strange issue: URI-encoding '/' character seems to be mandatory with openldap 2.4 clients (at least 2.4.9) now:

Why do you consider this to be strange?

[root@stalingrad rousse]# ldapsearch -H ldapi:///var/run/ldap/ldapi
DNS SRV: Could not turn DN="var/run/ldap/ldapi" into a domain
-> NOK

ldapi:/// translates to an empty host name (here path name) which triggers a DNS SRV lookup for _ldap._tcp.domain.

[root@stalingrad rousse]# ldapsearch -H 'ldapi://%2fvar%2frun%2fldap%2fldapi'
-> OK

is this intentional ?

Yes, I think so. How should otherwise an empty path/host name be detected?

Ciao, Michael.