Re: Unexpected crash

On 5/22/08 1:59 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Thursday, May 22, 2008 1:15 PM -0400 Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu> wrote:

Sorry...

My accesslog DB currently has just over 48000 entries.  The automatic
purging runs every 8 hours and gets rid of everything that is older than
5 days.

Hm, well, I hit an interesting bug with purging and delta-sync recently. It can't be fixed in 2.3 because the fix causes another bug to get worse. There will be a workaround for it in 2.3.42.

Hm, I vaguely remember that discussion.

Everything tuning wise seems reasonable as far as the database goes. I agree the performance on replication can be a bit slow in a high-write scenario particularly if there are multiple replicas competing for resources.

How many threads does the master slapd have available to it? Also, how much of a cache do you have defined for syncprov and the accesslog db?

The master has the default of 16 threads (ie, I don't specify the threads keyword in the slapd.conf file).

As for the cache for syncprov and accesslog db, I am not certain of what you are asking for. I don't have any "cache" type statements for either of them in the slapd.conf file and I'm not setting syncprov-sessionlog either.

Frank