Re: Update strategy: 2.3.34 to 2.3.41 or even 2.4.9 ?

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 3:05 PM,  <openldap.lists@frei-family.ch> wrote:
> How would you proceed in that situation and why ?

Running exclusively on 2.3 on FreeBSD, my approach would be to rebuild
the boxes with 2.3 series for the master and build the replicas on 2.4
for testing. Since there are several schema changes between the two
versions, it could be a good idea to test this first.

2.4 had some quite good publicity and should definitely considered but
I am not sure I'd be trustful enough to run the master on it yet.
Again, not having used 2.4 apart from a failed migration, I don't know
a lot about it but my approach is that it is always easier to migrate
one server later than 20.

Steph