Re: --enable-bdb=no not working?

Steve Birnie <steve@securecarddealer.com> writes:

> I'm trying to install openldap on ubuntu.  The reason is because we have
> multiple servers and would like to use ldap to reduce the userid
> management.  I am already running mysql, so I thought I would use the
> existing db instead of installing bdb also.
>
> I tried using "apt-get install slapd", but I think that comes compiled
> without --enable-sql=yes because when I try to start it up I get
> "Unrecognized database type (sql)".

The version of OpenLDAP in Debian, and presumably therefore in Ubuntu, is
built with --enable-backends=mod, which means that all backends (except
ldbm where applicable) are built as modules.  This definitely should
include the SQL backend.  Did you forget to load the SQL module before
trying to use it, perhaps?