searching for attributes containing eg. german umlauts

Hello all,

I'm not quite sure if my mind plays a trick on me, but was there a way to save eg. (for readability I'll use HTML-Entities, of course it should and will be UTF-8 in LDIF)

dn: ...
cn: Müller

and find it with the filter

(cn=Mueller)

?

Or do I have to save all permutations of "Ascii-replacement"/"UTF-8" for each and every entry/attribute? (that seems rather cumbersome and rises the question: which attribute value is the "correct" one?)

If this already is written in the FAQ, please excuse my shallow "googleing". Perhaps I just missed the right keywords.

bye
Christian
--
Christian Marg                    mail  : mailto:marg@rz.tu-clausthal.de