Re: Migrating from 2.3 to 2.4 branch

Gavin Henry wrote:
> > Rather than have you guys hold my hand through each step I'd like to
> > find some documentation as to what changes I can expect to have to
> > make (noting there is a ppolicy and a ppolicy-2.4).

Well, if the docs aren't there, that's my job. We have:

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/appendix-changes.html

And

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/appendix-upgrading.html

Needs to have more info in it.

It seems these docs doesn't mention the change to ACL search semantics mentioned in ITS #5400.

It has bitten me a a few others when upgrading from 2.3 to 2.4
It also seems that the debian/ubuntu packages of 2.4 aren't aware of this change. I've not dug deeper into this after I found the cause and fixed my ACLs though...

Peter