Re: delta-syncrepl contextCSN update timing, schema checking

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Thursday, May 01, 2008 1:46 PM -0700 Howard Chu<hyc@symas.com>  wrote:

In delta-syncrepl the refresh is coming from the log, and unless somebody
has been explicitly mucking around in the log DB, the entries will always
be returned in order, so it's possible to update the contextCSN after
each entry has been received. But it's up to the provider to send the
cookie with each entry in this case, and the syncprov overlay doesn't
really know the difference between delta-sync and regular sync, so it
doesn't do it.

You could file an ITS for this, but I don't think we'll be changing this
in 2.3.

Unless the log doesn't exist yet, or we've run into one of those fun cases where the replica needs to request a re-sync (like the hotslapcat scenario recently addressed). Then delta-sync goes into the refresh mode, so I'm assuming we need to still differentiate that in syncprov someway.

We already do. The log DB has the syncprov-nopresent and syncprov-reloadhint flags set, the main DB won't. So we could cue off of those flags for this purpose as well.

--
  -- Howard Chu