Not able to get GSSAPI in supportedSASLMechanisms list

Hii List,

I am trying to get LDAP with SASL-GSSAPI mechanism.
I have openldap-2.4.7 on RHEL 4.
I have installed Cyrus sasl-2.1.21.
I have compiled  LDAP with cyrus SASL support as:
[root@as3 libexec]# env LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.6/lib:/usr/loc
al/lib/sasl2:/usr/local/ssl/lib" CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.6/include
-I/usr/local/ssl/include -I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/ssl/lib -L
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.6/lib -L/usr/local/lib/sasl2 " LIBS=-ldl ./configure --with-tls=openssl --with-cyrus-sasl

It was fine.

SASL was compiled as:
  $ ./configure --disable-cram --disable-digest --disable-krb4 --disable-otp --enable-gssapi --with-gss_impl=mit

In /usr/lib/sasl2,it has

[root@as3 sasl2]# ls libgssapi*
libgssapiv2.la  libgssapiv2.so  libgssapiv2.so.2  libgssapiv2.so.2.0.19

When I run :
[root@as3 libexec]# saslauthd -V
saslauthd 2.1.21
authentication mechanisms: getpwent rimap shadow

I also have a working kerberos .I am able to get tickets from kerberos.I have added ldap host principal to kerberos database.

I have my slapd.conf as: (sasl related part)

sasl-host   as3
sasl-realm   BSNL.COM
authz-regexp uid=([^,]*),cn=bsnl.com,cn=gssapi,cn=auth
 uid=$1,ou=people,dc=bsnl,dc=com

(Also,I have added the first two lines after seing some mailing list.In the admin guide nothing was mentioned about adding the two lines.Please tell me whether it is correct?)

According to HOWTO doc from www.bayour.com,when we query ldap for supportedSASLMechanisms,it should show GSSAPI(my whole purpose).But
when I give the following:

[root@as3 openldap]# /usr/bin/ldapsearch -H "ldaps://:12345" -x -b "" -s base -LLL supportedSASLMechanisms
dn:
supportedSASLMechanisms: NTLM
supportedSASLMechanisms: PLAIN
supportedSASLMechanisms: LOGIN

Does it mean that LDAP was not built with SASL support?

I have slapd.conf in /usr/lib/sasl2 as:
pwcheck_method: /usr/sbin/saslauthd
saslauthd_path: /var/run/saslauthd/mux
mech_list: plain login ntlm kerberos5

I am not able to get SASL-GSSAPI as supportedSASLMechanism.From where does the LDAP get this list?
What should I do to add one more mechanism to supportedSASLMechanisms list?
What may be the problem.....?
Please guide me....I was struck at this point and not able to come out

Thanx a lot in advance.....

 Thanx and Regards,
Padmavathi

and any attachments. Thank you