Re: Problem with back-ldap and slapo-rwn

Hi!

> It works this way:

[...]

Ok. But in the very case, it's actually not the client who would want to read the authzTo attribute, but Server B. Server B tries to decide if a specific user who authenticated is allowed to assume the authorization of a different user. For that reason, Server B tries to read the authzTo attribute of the user object. That user object lives on Server A and does not have an authzTo attribute but only a saslAuthzTo attribute, due to the fact that the name of that internal attribute changed between 2.2 and 2.3.

We can see Server B querying Server a for the authzTo attribute. So that part is fine.

From the log files I can see there is something like "internal search". Would an overlay and a rwn-map apply to such an internal search as well?

Regards,
Torsten

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
Torsten Schlabach (Tascel eG) wrote:
Pierangelo!

I will happily provide some detailed debugging output. I just wanted to make sure that I understood the concept of rwm-map properly. So looking at our config, there isn't anything obvious that we have missed?

No.

Just to confirm:

We have

Server A   <---  Server B   <--- Client
(bdb)            (ldap)

I need the overlay to happen between Server B and Server A, not between the the client an Server B.

The manual isn't that detailed ... Or did I miss anything.

It works this way:

           <--- saslAuthzTo <---             <--- authzTo <---
Server A                          Server B                       Client
           ---> saslAuthzTo --->             ---> authzTo --->

(bdb)                              (ldap+rwm)

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.