Weird SASL thing

First off, thanks for all the help on the CentOS 5 nsswitch.conf thing
I ran into.  I meant to reply to the thread, but I unfortunately deleted
it from my mail client.  It appears that "bind_type soft" did fix it,
but I'm not certain (I can't reboot the server again to verify right
now).

However, I've run into an new weirdie.  I've created a fairly simple
shell script that creates an appropriate LDIF file to add users to my
database.  It then calls "ldapadd" to add the user:

    RES=`ldapadd -U root -w $LDAPPWD -f $OUTFILE`

However, when the script runs, the ldapadd is rejected with:

    ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Invalid credentials (49)

The EXACT SAME command (after the variables are expanded) run from the
command line works fine.  I suspect it's this
"ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s" that's wonky since the command is being
launched from inside a shell script and isn't interactive at that
point, but is there a way around this?
- Rick Stevens, Unix Geek                          rps2@socal.rr.com -
-            The gene pool could use a little chlorine.              -