Re: slap_sl_malloc of X bytes failed, using ch_malloc

kevin montuori wrote:
"PM" == Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it> writes:

PM> Is the issue repeatable? If it is, can you ask slapd to generate a
PM> core file, and provide a stack backtrace?

it is and absolutely.  the results of (gdb) bt full can be found here:

  http://homepage.mac.com/ignavusinfo/ldap-backtrace.txt

again, thanks for the help.

Mmmmh, this issue definitely looks like ITS#5437 and ITS#5444; it has nothing to do with the error message in subject. Since I cannot tell whether the two issues are related, or you hit another, already pointed out issue, can you make sure you can repeat the malloc failure issue? I don't want to load you with unnecessary effort; if the real issue is the syncprov_done_ctrl()-related issue, and the malloc failure one is simply a symptom, then you probably don't need to do anything else. Please follow the discussion of the above mentioned ITS-es to find out if the erroneous behavior you see is related.

Thanks, p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.