Re: Replication appears to vanish, sometimes.

Here's a list of problems with your setup:

You are using an ancient version of OpenLDAP.

Installed 2.3.41

You are using BDB 4.2.52 without the required patches.

Installed 4.2.52 5 patches. (patch 3 failed, but appears java related)

You are using slurpd.
Use syncrepl instead of slurpd

Changed to syncrepl. But I do feel that the documentation could do with a better example, one simpler. I would have thought that simply replicating everything is a common desire, when the example is one much more complicated.

These are the changes I made to master-slapd.conf (plus ./configure --enable-lastmod) :

lastmod         on

index   entryCSN,entryUUID      eq

overlay syncprov

syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
syncprov-sessionlog 100

These are the changes I made to slave-slapd.conf:

lastmod         on

index   entryCSN,entryUUID      eq

syncrepl rid=1 provider=ldap://172.20.12.113 type=refreshAndPersist interval=00:00:00:30 searchbase="dc=company,dc=jp" filter="(objectClass=*)" attrs="*" scope=sub schemachecking=off updatedn="cn=admin,dc=company,dc=jp" bindmethod=simple binddn="cn=admin,dc=company,dc=jp" credentials="<secret>"

updateref       ldap://172.20.12.113

My replication test of one worked.

Updating of production servers went without a hitch. (knock on wood).

Cheers,

Lund

-- Jorgen Lundman | <lundman@lundman.net> Unix Administrator | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work) Shibuya-ku, Tokyo | +81 (0)90-5578-8500 (cell) Japan | +81 (0)3 -3375-1767 (home)