Compilation 2.3.39 on SunOS 5.8.

Hello,

I am trying to compile OpenLDAP 2.3.39 on my sun box. Below details on
my compilation environment :

SunOS 5.8 Generic_117350-49 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V210
gcc : 3.4.6
binutils : 2.17
make 3.80
autoconf : 2.59
OpenSSL 0.9.8d

I try to get OpenLDAP compiled only for client usage ( binaries,
libraries ), statically including GCC object files and OpenSSL libraries
because these are not present on any of our Sun servers.

Below, you can find script I developped to compile this version. As you
can see I disabled all what concern slapd, slurpd, Berkeley DB and I
enabled SSL libraries. This is the way I usely compile my packages on
SunOS platform (SQUID, ISC Bind, ...)

PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
PKG=openldap-2.3.39
PREFIX=/usr/local

export PATH PKG PREFIX LD_LIBRARY_PATH

/usr/bin/env  \
    CC="/usr/local/bin/cc" \
    CXX="/usr/local/bin/c++" \
    CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe" \
    LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.a
-L/usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -L/usr/local/lib
-R/usr/local/lib"  \
    CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/ssl/include -I/usr/local/include" \
    AUTOCONF="/usr/local/bin/autoconf" \
    AUTOHEADER="/usr/local/bin/autoheader" \
    AUTOIFNAMES="/usr/local/bin/ifnames" \
    AUTOM4TE="/usr/local/bin/autom4te" \
    AUTORECONF="/usr/local/bin/autoreconf" \
    AUTOSCAN="/usr/local/bin/autoscan" \
    AUTOUPDATE="/usr/local/bin/autoupdate" \
    SHELL=/bin/sh \
    CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/sh \
        ./configure \
        --prefix=/usr/local \
        --sysconfdir=/etc \
        --enable-crypt \
        --enable-dynamic \
        --with-tls \
        --with-threads=posix \
        --without-cyrus-sasl \
        --disable-debug \
        --disable-slapd \
        --disable-slurpd \
        --disable-monitor \
        --disable-bdb \
        --disable-hdb \
        --disable-relay \
        --disable-glue \
        --disable-syncprov
make depend
make
make install

Now I get problems with it because binaries always give me 'Killed'
message.

# /usr/local/bin/ldapsearch
Killed

Concerning libraries, these ones seem to compile but not statically
including ssl libraries and/or libgcc, the other ones are okay and can
be linked dynamically.

# ldd /usr/local/lib/libldap.so
warning: ldd: /usr/local/lib/libldap.so: is not executable
        libssl.so.0.9.8 =>       (file not found)
        libcrypto.so.0.9.8 =>    (file not found)
        libgcc_s.so.1 =>         /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
        liblber-2.3.so.0 =>
/usr/local/openldap/lib/liblber-2.3.so.0
        libresolv.so.2 =>        /lib/libresolv.so.2
        libgen.so.1 =>   /lib/libgen.so.1
        libnsl.so.1 =>   /lib/libnsl.so.1
        libsocket.so.1 =>        /lib/libsocket.so.1
        libc.so.1 =>     /lib/libc.so.1
        libdl.so.1 =>    /lib/libdl.so.1
        libmp.so.2 =>    /lib/libmp.so.2
        /usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Blade-100/lib/libc_psr.so.1

After many times, I tried to link binaries with SunOS built-in linker
'/usr/ccs/bin/ld' but always get the same problem.

If you want have a look compilation with /usr/local/bin/ld, click on
this link http://ks31203.kimsufi.com/openldap-2.3.39-local_ld.log

If you want have a look at compilation with /usr/ccs/bin/ld
(LD="/usr/ccs/bin/ld"), click on this link
http://ks31203.kimsufi.com/openldap-2.3.39-ccs_ld.log

So, finally, maybe my problem is something really stupid but I do not
find the solution to get my binaries valid with requested libraries
statically compiled.

Help is really appreciated in this case.
Vincent.

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.