RE: ACIs problem when allowing "read" but restricting "updates" in specific entries

Hi !

   First of all, thanks for the answers ;-))

   Yes, it is true, I had a mistake with the nomenclature. The fact is that the
problem is NOT (as far as I tested it) in the regular expressions I am using
(I also checked it tracing the slapd execution with the "-d 128" option ... an
checked the matching is ok).

  I find the problem with the "read" access privilege for "data1checker" user.

> ##
> ## Policy Rule [1]
> ##      Access to "application=data1,,..." entries
> ##
> access to dn.regex="appName=data1,.+$"
>        by dn.exact="uid=data1owner,ou=users,dc=company,dc=com" write stop
>        by dn.exact="uid=data1checker,ou=users,dc=company,dc=com" read stop
>        by dn.exact="uid=admin,ou=users,dc=company,dc=com" manage stop

   "uid=data1owner" is able to read an modify attributes values in entries matching
this regular expression (it is ok) ... but it is exactely the same behaviour a
"uid=data1checker" in spite this last one has ONLY read privileges (???)

   I interpreted (after reading manual pages and openldap-related FAQs) that "read"
privilege only allows to read (but NOT modify) attribute values for entries
matching the rule .. but it is NOT what I am getting ...

 Am I understanding "read" privilege worngly ?

Thanks in advance

BR / Antonio

P.S: I also tested with openLDAP3.2.8, but it is the same behaviour ... and I almost
sure the error is NOT in the regexp being used (I was testing it in deep to be sure
about that).