Re: Struggling with ppolicy

If I recall correctly, the default policy is applied w/o an entry in the record.   If you want to apply a specific policy that is not the default, you have to have the entry in the account for the password entry

e.g. an entry like this would override the default

pwdPolicySubentry: cn=staff,ou=policies,dc=x,dc=y

where if that entry was missing, then it would simply use the default entry setup in the slapd.conf or cn=config .

"

       ppolicy_default <policyDN>
              Specify the DN of the pwdPolicy object to use when no specific policy is set on a given user's entry. If there is no specific policy for an entry
              and no default is given, then no policies will be enforced.
"  --source   man slapo-ppolicy

I hope that is helpful

Sellers