Re: Timeouts and TTL's

Hi!

Matthew Stier schrieb:
I am using OpenLDAP (2.3.38) as a proxy server, to provide a single point of lookup, for the many e-mail systems used within the company I work for.

The only problem I am now encountering, is 'slapd' randomly hanging, and I suspect that could be caused by bad interactions between the proxy and ldap servers.
yes, I experienced the same a while ago.

The most plausible solution would be to implement timeout's, but that is where I come into a brink wall, trying to understand when each of the multitude of timeout and ttl setting should be used.
conn-ttl 90
idle-timeout 1m30s

solved my problems. YMMV

man slapd-meta