From: Gavin Henry [mailto:ghenry@suretecsystems.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 10:49 AM
To: Marantz, Roy
Cc: openldap-software@openldap.org
Subject: Re: Testing the state of replicates

> Is there something I can query, like contextCSN, to indicate the last
> time syncrepl successfully finished resyncing the particular database?
>
> Any other way to do this or am I just trying to do something that is
> impossible?

See:

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html#Syncrepl%20Details

"The consumer also stores its replica state, which is the provider's
contextCSN received as a synchronization cookie, in the contextCSN
attribute of the suffix entry. The replica state maintained by a
consumer
server is used as the synchronization state indicator when it performs
subsequent incremental synchronization with the provider server. It is
also used as a provider-side synchronization state indicator when it
functions as a secondary provider server in a cascading replication
configuration. Since the consumer and provider state information are
maintained in the same location within their respective databases, any
consumer can be promoted to a provider (and vice versa) without any
special actions."

And more detail at:

http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4533.txt

For example:

[ghenry@suretec-master admin]$ ldapsearch -x -H ldap://127.0.0.1 -s
'base'
contextCSN
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=suretecsystems, dc=com> (default) with scope baseObject
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: contextCSN
#

# suretecsystems.com
dn: dc=suretecsystems,dc=com
contextCSN: 20080228163422.801358Z#000000#000#000000

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2