Testing the state of replicates

I'm using OpenLDAP 2.4.7 on Solaris-10.

I have a database that is part of 2 master servers running in mirror
mode and
(eventually) some slaves servers too.  I'm looking for way to tell if
a particular server is "up to date".  By that I mean is synchronized
within X seconds with the master that gets updates.  The
masters will be behind a load-balancer (level 4 switch) and look like
a single IP address.  I can have the slaves access them directly if
need be, but will try to have them talk the the virtual master server.

This is mostly a concern when talking to a slave server since they may
not always be able to talk to the master servers because of network
partitioning.

Is there something I can query, like contextCSN, to indicate the last
time syncrepl successfully finished resyncing the particular database?

Any other way to do this or am I just trying to do something that is
impossible?

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Roy