Syncprov and Time Problems

Hello,

I have two openldap 2.4 servers, one a sync provider to the other. The Provider always seems to get about 8 seconds behind the consumer. I do run ntpd on both. Would this time difference cause the consumer not to pull updates?

If I restart the consumer, it will pull updates until it becomes synced. It will even pull updates for a few minutes. Then it will no longer sync until I restart it.

Here is some pertinent info:

Consumer:

 syncrepl rid=000
                provider=ldap://host1
                type=refreshAndPersist
                retry="5 5 300 +"
                searchbase="dc=foo,dc=bar"
                scope=sub
                attrs=*
                schemachecking=off
                bindmethod=simple
                binddn="uid=user1,dc=foo,dc=bar"
                credentials=secret

Provider: overlay syncprov syncprov-checkpoint 25 5

Thank you, Dan