Re: Real alternatives to BDB?

Marten Lehmann wrote:

we are currently running openldap 2.2.13 with a bdb-4.2.52 backend as it comes with RHEL4.

As stated on this list many times this version of OpenLDAP is historic, outdated and was quite buggy although Red Hat ships it with its Enterprise product. There have been tons of fixes and many other important improvements applied to the code since then. So you should definitely upgrade!

I read through the backend documentation of openldap and berkeley db is praised as very fast and efficient.

Do have the six patches applied to 4.2.52 needed for OpenLDAP?

Ciao, Michael.