Re: Strange TLS behaviour with slapd 2.3.30 on Debian Etch

Simon Josefsson wrote:
Howard Chu<hyc@symas.com>  writes:

Yes, callgrind is pretty cool, much more useful than old gprof-style
profilers. Though as you note, the runtimes of any valgrind tool can
be pretty extreme. My tweaked version of FunctionCheck is also useful
when you can afford to compile an instrumented version of your
code. Faster runtimes in exchange for extra compile time - frequently
it's a worthwhile tradeoff.

http://highlandsun.com/hyc/#fncchk

Interesting, does the code still run and is useful? The latest comment about it was from 2005. To be able to use it, I need to set up a useful benchmark environment first though.

Sure, works fine. After I got call arc timings in, it pretty much had everything I wanted from it so it hasn't changed since. Works on Linux and Solaris.

--
  -- Howard Chu