Re: OpenLDAP Referrals

Dieter Kluenter wrote:
"Mack Jenkins"<mack.jenkins@gmail.com>  writes:

What I am trying to do is this.  When my OpenLDAP server is queried
for authentication, if the user id and password are not local to my
OpenLDAP server, but they do exist on another OpenLDAP server, I want
my OpenLDAP server to tell the application that sent the log in
request, to go to that other OpenLDAP server for authentication.  I am
hoping this can be done automatically without the user having to make
another login attempt.

Your are requesting X.500 DAP services. LDAP only supports referrals. If uid is part of the DN, you may create a named referral locally and have the client to follow this referral and rebind to the remot server.

As Ando already pointed out, referrals are not the answer here, and OpenLDAP already provides other alternatives that will work.

--
  -- Howard Chu