Re: Confused about replication, please help

Also, watch out for the extra ,  in your binddn line in case that is not a type/paste-o

Sellers

On Feb 23, 2008, at 3:08 AM, Dieter Kluenter wrote:
Rob Tanner <rtanner@linfield.edu> writes:

Hi,

I'm trying to set up replication between my master and a slave.

In slapd.conf on the slave, I have included the updatedn and updateref
parameters:

updatedn        "cn=Replicator,o=linfield.edu"
updateref        ldap://oberon.linfield.edu

I presume that the ref refers to the slave so I have entered the URL
for the slave which seems odd because you have to be able to access
the slave to get the updateref.  The other thing is that I find no
parameter in the man page for slapd.conf or googling for the password.

updateref URI refers to the master.

On the master, I have:

replica host=oberon.linfield.edu:389
  binddn="cn=Replicator,,o=linfield.edu"
  bindmethod=simple
This entry should include "credentials=".  If I've no place to specify
a password for the updatedn on the slave, what do I put for
credentials

updatedn is an entry on the slave, access control rules must allow
updatedn to write on the database.

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://www.dkluenter.de

Chris G. Sellers | NITLE  - Technology Team
AIM: imthewherd | GoogleTalk: cgseller@gmail.com