Re: OpenLDAP Referrals

Mack J. Jenkins, II writes:
> Does anyone have a good starting point for OpenLDAP and referrals?  I
> think I have it working, but I'm not 100% sure, and would like to know
> if I am on the right path.

If you mean to put referral objects in the directory: RFC 3296.
In your referral objects, don't use a different DN in the 'ref'
attribute than the referral object's DN.

If you want the server to follow the referrals instead of sending them
to the client, see man slapo-chain.

Unless you just mean the 'referral' directive described in man
slapd.conf - referrals for requests outside your "suffix" in slapd.conf.

--
Hallvard