Re: Help with 2.4 ACLs

Duncan Brannen wrote:
Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

Search needs the privileges described in the OPERATION REQUIREMENTS section of slapd.access(5). You need to make sure anonymous has enough privileges, which apparently doesn't. Not sure what's the difference in this area between 2.3 and 2.4; I think the main differences were between 2.2 and 2.3.

p.

Thanks again Pierangelo,

         Looks like I was missing search on the root dn pseudo entry (?)

Adding
access to dn.subtree="dc=st-andrews,dc=ac,dc=uk"
by * read

has done the trick. Possibly this was implied in 2.3 and 2.4 is more strict in that respect?

I've found some ACLs to be treated more strictly in 2.4 than 2.3. Which is a good thing.

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
Managing Director.