Restoring with SLAPADD

OpenLDAP 2.3.40 and 2.4.7.

Testing disaster recovery, such as a bulk update gone wrong, so need to
restore from last night's "slapcat" dump (we hardly ever write to the
directory, so it's no big deal losing a morning's work).

Delete an entry.  Oops, I need it back.  Stop the master (and slave), "rm
*.bdb __*", "slapadd -nX < slap.out", start the master and slave, check
the slave, and the deleted entry has reappeared.

Is this guaranteed behaviour i.e. the slave will always resynchronise in
this case, or was I just lucky?

If it makes a difference, we use SyncRepl in "refreshAndPersist" mode.

--
Dave Horsfall DTM VK2KFU  Ph: +61 2 9552-5509 (direct) +61 2 9552-5500 (switch)
Corinthian Eng'ng P/L, Ste 54 Jones Bay Whf, 26-32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont 2009, AU