Re: Help with 2.4 ACLs

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
Duncan Brannen wrote:
An upgrade from 2.3.38 to 2.4.7 seems to have caused my acls to stop
working in that anonymous users can no longer search the tree to find
their entry to authenticate.

With an acl of

access to dn.base="" by * read

access to dn.base="cn=Subschema" by * read

access to dn.subtree="ou=People,dc=st-andrews,dc=ac,dc=uk"
       by * read

access to *
       by users read
       by anonymous auth

All anonymous searches get insufficient access returned

Logging of ACls shows

=> slap_access_allowed: search access denied by auth(=xd)

Any thoughts on what extra I need for this to work in 2.4?

Your ACLs are broken. In fact, by moving the "by * auth" into the last rule, you prevent auth'ing for any user whose credentials match any of the previous rules. Either you add "by * auth" to all rules matching potential credentials, or you place a

access to attrs=userPassword
	by * auth

before any rule that matches potential credentials (note that you may
need to enhance the above if any user must be able to change its own
password).

p.

Thanks Pierangelo,
I've cut most of my rules out to try and get something basic to show the problem I'm having. Anonymous users
eg the web server trying to match a uid to a dn, can't search the ou=People branch to get the entry which I'd thought the dn.subtree
on ou=People would allow via the by * read line?

With the full acls (which have the attrs=userpassword line) I can authenticate and search fine but not search as an anonymous user
which I could with 2.3.38, I'm now trying 2.4.7.

Cheers,
            Duncan