Re: grant access on a attribute specific value

Hi,
(I've enabled long lines without wrapping)

Pierangelo Masarati a écrit :
if access depends on values in the "who", use sets; in your case,
something like

access to dn="cn=foo,ou=groups,dc=example,dc=com" attrs=cn,description,memberUid,entry by
set="[ldap:///ou=people,dc=example,dc=com?1.1?sub?(&(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(employeeType=chief))]/entryDN & user" write
wow ! no chance I could find that on my own, especially because the
slapd.access manpage says « The statement set=<pattern> is undocumented
yet. » :-)

should work (note: indentation has probably been destroyed by my
mailer).
no, it doesn't work :-(
precisely, in slapd.conf, I've added:

access to dn.children="ou=groupes,dc=domain"
attrs=cn,description,memberUid,entry
by dn="cn=adminLDAP,dc=domain" write
by set="[ldap:///ou=personnes,dc=domain?1.1?sub?(&(objectClass=iremLillePerson)(groupesTravail=1200))]/entryDN & user" write by users read
iremLillePerson = inetOrgPerson + groupesTravail(multi-valued)
1200 = value of the attribute for which I want to give write access.

when I give an explicit:
by dn="cn=name,ou=personnes,dc=domain"
instead of the set clause, it works.

any idea ?