Re: GSSAPI auth missing?

Tony Earnshaw <tonni@hetnet.nl> writes:

> 2: reflect this in /the/same/path/slapd.conf.

Debian supports this path for compatibility with the rest of the world, of
course, but /etc/ldap/sasl2/slapd.conf may also be used for those who
would prefer to keep configuration files in /etc rather than putting them
in /usr/lib/sasl2.

I see that the general trend in Linux distributions is to standardize on
/etc/sasl2 as the configuration path, so we may migrate files from there
to /etc/sasl2 and drop the more peculiar /etc/ldap path in a later
release.  (Opinions on that topic welcome.  The approach currently taken
predates my involvement with the Debian OpenLDAP packages and looks like
it was intended to match how Postfix handled the same problem.)

I see that neither of the issues mentioned in this thread are documented
in README.Debian, which is oversight on our part; I'll get that fixed.