Re: syncrepl with more that one database

James Hartley wrote:
Howard, chill dude.  Thanks for your help.  But, there was a conflict
of opinion on this thread.
I have been around software long enough to know that software should
be deterministic. So lose the attitude if it bugs you so much to
answer questions maybe you should hand it off to someone else.

Lose the attitude my man. It doesn't help anyone.

What attitude are you referring to, exactly? I provided you with factual answers, not opinions. Facts don't have attitudes. If I were giving an opinion I would have said "IMO". Learn the difference between facts and opinions.

If you don't like precise, direct answers, that's too bad. I don't have time to make up fluffy touchy-feely ones. As for leaving answers to someone else - usually I do (that silly lack of time thing). But when people answer with wrong information, then I have to step in.

james

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 1:33 AM, Howard Chu<hyc@symas.com> wrote:
James Hartley wrote:
  >  ok now I have two opinions.

  Software isn't operated on opinions. The facts are as I stated them.

> Has any one successfully completed > replication of multiple backends.

  Thousands of times.

> If so which answer is correct. > > use a separate rid for each backend on the same server OR > use only one rid for both backends on one server.

  Each rid in a server must be unique.

> I noticed with my configuration ( only one rid for both backends on > one server ) does not appear to get the > indexes. entryCSN, entryUUID for the second database.

  rids have no effect on indexing. You must have something else wrong in your
  config.

--
  -- Howard Chu