Re: AW: Solaris 10 OpenLDAP server message:

I am using the current version of openldap from blastwave with no issues.
Of course I use nothing in /usr/local and have /opt/csw first in my path. Also
verify that your libpaths are correctly set

#crle

I make sure that the libs I use are listed in the proper order here is
an example.

default library path /lib:/usr/lib
trusted directories /lib/secure:/usr/lib/secure:/usr/lib/mps:/usr/lib/mps/64

The last two are required to work with programs like ssh I believe.

note also that blastwave sets the openldap to run at boot time so if
you are planning on starting it by hand you will have to disable the
csw version of ldap...or  change the options in one of the
configuration files.  ( I just disabled the service and wrote my own
script in order to solve this ).

Be careful about updating because it will change permissions on some
important files if you have set things up by hand.   In my case I run
as user ldap not root and I had to change ownerships and permissions
back to what I was running after an update. ( pain ).