Re: slapd: warning: cannot open /etc/hosts.allow: Too many open files

--On February 12, 2008 10:32:45 AM -0800 Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:

Seems to work fine for us for caching LDAP replies on 100 machines or so
(nothing fancy, just straight NIS schema).  Just don't use it for DNS.  :)

Hmm... I recall having to get Mike to kick nscd on the cluster several times because of the problems using it caused. But maybe he was doing name caching with it too. From what I remember though, the issue was it held "open" connections to downed servers.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer