Re: slapd: warning: cannot open /etc/hosts.allow: Too many open files

Amir Saad wrote:
I'm running OpenLDAP 2.3.30-5 on Debian 4. I checked the syslog and I found the following errors:
slapd: warning: cannot open /etc/hosts.allow: Too many open files
slapd: warning: cannot open /etc/hosts.deny: Too many open files

Please advice.

Thanks

Amir

*** <http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200412/msg00106.html>*

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger <http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/>
The reason for this error is you ran out of file descriptors for the slapd process. The default is 1024 for most systems. To up it for just slapd you can add:
ulimit -n XXX
Where XXX is the number of file descriptors you want to allow, I use 8192. Just add this line into the init script for slapd before you start slapd and this should resolve your issue.

--
David
Whidbey Telecom Internet and Broadband