Re: AW: Solaris 10 OpenLDAP server message:

That's a message from the {Sun,iPlanet,Netscape,Fedora,RedHat,WhateverItIsToday} LDAP library.

Ok. I do not understand that warning/error. What does it actually mean? Is the ldap library wrong? Is slapd configured incorrectly? Has it been compiled incorrectly?

Likely the OpenLDAP build environment was incorrect. I suppose your options are to compile OpenLDAP yourself and/or yell at Blastwave to recompile OpenLDAP.