AW: Caching queries

 Hello everyone,

Okay, I am confused now: if I specify something like this:

overlay proxycache
proxycache    bdb 100000 1 1000 100
proxyAttrset  0 memberUid teamsiteuserrole uniqueMember uidNumber gidNumber objectClass
proxyTemplate (cn=*,ou=Role,o=*********) 0 3600
proxyTemplate (cn=*,ou=Group,o=***********) 0 3600

That should cache queries? How can I see that the settings are coresponding to the queries?
How can I see whether something comes from the cache at all?

The only thing I see is:

/opt/csw/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 64: unknown directive <proxycache> inside backend database definition (ignored).
line 65 (proxyAttrset  0 memberUid teamsiteuserrole uniqueMember uidNumber gidNumber objectClass)
/opt/csw/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 68: unknown directive <proxyTemplate> inside backend database definition (ignored).
line 71 (proxyTemplate (cn=*,ou=Role,o=*********************) 0 3600)
/opt/csw/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 70: unknown directive <proxyTemplate> inside backend database definition (ignored).
line 71 (proxyTemplate (cn=*,ou=Group,o=*********************) 0 3600)

On a side note: Is there some hint book out there what indeces to use depending on what queries are being received?

Regards,

Claus

On Friday 08 February 2008 08:24:44 Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> Kick, Claus skrev, on 07-02-2008 15:40:
> > how can I check whether caching queries and so on works?
>
> Works on what? In recent versions of OpenLDAP query caching isn't
> possible, only connection caching.

???

SLAPO-PCACHE(5)                                                SLAPO-PCACHE(5)

NAME
       slapo-pcache - proxycache overlay

SYNOPSIS
       /etc/openldap/slapd.conf

DESCRIPTION
       The  pcache  overlay to slapd(8) allows caching of LDAP search requests
       (queries) in a local database.  For an incoming query, the proxy  cache
       determines its corresponding template. If the template was specified as
       cacheable using the proxytemplate directive and  the  request  is  con‐
       tained  in a cached request, it is answered from the proxy cache.  Oth‐
       erwise, the search is performed as usual and cacheable  search  results
       are saved in the cache for use in future queries.

[...]

Or, are you implying that pcache is broken in 2.3.3x (I don't use it myself).

Regards,
Buchan