Re: Setting up producer consumer with Syncrepl

On Friday 08 February 2008 12:15:05 Ishklight wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a LDAP newbie. I am trying to set up LDAP producer and consumer. The
> producer cannot start when I include the overlay syncprov. I get the
> following when I debug and the server stops. Can any say, what is going
> wrong here?
>
> I see that there is module syncprov.la in the path given by "modulepath".

[...]

> overlay "syncprov" not found

It doesn't seem to try and load the syncprov.la ...

[...]

> loglevel    0
>
>  modulepath    /usr/local/openldap-2.4/libexec/openldap
>  moduleload    back_bdb.la
>  moduleload    syncprov.la

... assuming there was no copy/paste error here, probably because the critical
configuration lines above have leading spaces, which, as documented in the
slapd.conf man page, are used for line continuations on long configuration
lines.

Remove the leading spaces, and you should see syncprov being loaded. You may
want to check that you don't have invalid leading spaces in the rest of your
config, I didn't look at the rest carefully.

Regards,
Buchan