Re: Upgrade to 2.3.40 -> failed index

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Howard Chu wrote:

> Paul's right - assuming the slapadd went well and nothing else was done,
> then a binary copy of the DB directory should have worked fine on another
> machine.

And it did, for about 10 months :). I can't imagine a problem with the
initial databases wouldn't have surfaced during that interval.

> Still the fact remains that simply upgrading the slapd version from
> 2.3.35 to 2.3.40 wouldn't have done anything to the transaction log
> files, and the only reason that BDB would complain about those missing
> Log Sequence Numbers is because the log files no longer matched the
> database files.

I guess something else happened during the upgrade process that corrupted
the environment on all three systems. I can't think of what that might be;
but the problem happening right after the upgrade seems too coincidental. I
did not upgrade bdb, but I did upgrade a handful of other packages and the
kernel. I'm not sure how those would have caused a problem, just one of
those mysteries of life I hope won't happen again 8-/.

Thanks again for the feedback...

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson@csupomona.edu