Re: Upgrade to 2.3.40 -> failed index

--On Sunday, February 03, 2008 8:14 AM -0800 "Paul B. Henson" <henson@acm.org> wrote:

What happened? It can't be local corruption, all three servers failed
exactly the same way. I didn't upgrade bdb, it's the exact same version
that's been running. I didn't think I needed to rebuild the db on an
upgrade from 2.3.35 to 2.3.40, was I mistaken? Should I have done a
dump/reload? Was this failure possibly a bug in 2.3.40? A bug in 2.3.35
exposed by the upgrade?

Did you stop slapd and run db_recover before upgrading to 2.3.40?

Was 2.3.35 using back-bdb, and you changed to back-hdb with 2.3.40?

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer