Re: large ldap server recommendation

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 19:27 +0100, Dieter Kluenter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ram <ram@netcore.co.in> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >   I am using ldap for authentication & addressbook  for a large
> > mailserver setup with around 300k users  ( this will grow to 500k )
> >
> > The ldap server is a 8GB Ram box with RHEL-5 with
> > openldap-servers-2.3.27-5
> >
> > I am confused what database type to use ldbm or bdb. Currently I have
> > the users on bdb with lot of problems. The ldap server dies all of a
> > sudden and I have to recover the data to get it started
>
> ldbm is not an option!
> >
> > my DB_CONFIG file is
> [...]
> > set_cachesize   0      524288000        0
>
> You should check wether the cachesize is sufficient.
> http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/1072.html
>
> > set_lg_regionmax        1048576
> > set_lg_max              10485760
> > set_lg_bsize            20485760
> > set_tmp_dir             /tmp
> >

> > # Note: special DB_CONFIG flags are no longer needed for "quick"
> > # slapadd(8) or slapindex(8) access (see their -q option).
> >
> > set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE
> > set_flags DB_LOG_INMEMORY
> > set_flags DB_TXN_NOSYNC
>
> You should read
> http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/berkeley-db/db/ref/env/db_config.html
>
> to understand the flags.

My db version seems to be messed up

When I run db_stat  I get an error
[root@netserv ldap]# db_stat -d dn2id.bdb
db_stat: Program version 4.3 doesn't match environment version
db_stat: DB_ENV->open: DB_VERSION_MISMATCH: Database environment version
mismatch

The db4 rpm I have installed is "db4-4.3.29-9"

Should I upgrade the db4 rpm ??