Re: large ldap server recommendation

Michael Ströder wrote:

Currently I have
the users on bdb with lot of problems. The ldap server dies all of a
sudden and I have to recover the data to get it started

Try to upgrade to 2.3.40 and look if that solves your problem. Also you did not say anything about your Berkeley DB installation.

In our case, we tried upgrading to 2.3.40, and we had a crash of a sort that has not been seen before, at least not very often. We've stepped back to 2.3.35 because we know at least something of what caused the failure there, and we know how to avoid at least that particular problem. We're still working on the details of exactly what is going wrong and why.

--
Brad Knowles <b.knowles@its.utexas.edu>
Senior System Administrator, UT Austin ITS-Unix