Re: slap* tools require id2entry.bdb to run ?

To make a long story short, this was a bug, and it only occurred when using BerkeleyDB 4.6. Fixed now in CVS.

Tony Earnshaw wrote:
Lastly, you want to use db4 4.6, right? I'd forget about this for the
time being if I were you. Getting OL 2.4.x working correctly is far more
important than subjectively choosing a db4 version. Patched 4.2.52 works
fine for now, I'm sure Buchan will get around to incorporating 4.6 as
soon as possible.

Example:

# /etc/init.d/ldap stop
# rm -rf /var/lib/openldap-data/*
# rm -rf /etc/openldap/slapd.d && mkdir /etc/openldap/slapd.d

...(modify slapd.conf)...

# slaptest -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf -F /etc/openldap/slapd.d

Seg Faults every time.  I even get a seg fault if I simply run the
following:

# slaptest -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf

No problem with the above approach.

(Possibly useless gdb output http://ditree.com/work/gdb.ol2.4.7.out )