Re: Get Confuse on N-Way & Mirror Mode Replication

On Monday 07 January 2008 05:10:25 Data Leung wrote:
> Dear List ,
>         I am testing on Openldap-2.4.7 multi-master replication , and I had
> been read Openldap Admin page for a while already ( URL :
> http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html#delta-syncrepl%20repli
>cation )
>

> Now I get confuse on " N-Ray Multi-Master " & " Mirror Mode Multi-Master "
> Hope somebody else could help.

The primary difference between N-Way Multi-Master and Mirror Mode is that
Mirror Mode is limited to two masters. Thus, it seems only N-Way is suitable
for you. However, I would have considered a configuration with 3 masters (to
reduce the network traffic, while still allowing each site to write, and
having read redundancy in the site).

Regards,
Buchan