Installation Problem

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have been working toward getting openldap installed for a few days now,
and after all of the reading and searching I have done, I am still
receiving the dreaded Berkeley DB version mismatch error.

I have tried the installation with versions 4.2.52, 4.5.20 and 4.6.21 of
BerkeleyDB.

I have set CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS as follows.

CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB4.5.20/include -I/usr/include
-I/usr/local/include

LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB4.5.20/lib -L/usr/lib -L/usr/local/lib

Following is the output just before the error.
checking db.h usability... yes
checking db.h presence... yes
checking for db.h... yes
checking for Berkeley DB major version... 4
checking for Berkeley DB minor version... 5
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb45)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-45)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.5)... yes
checking for Berkeley DB version match... no
configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch

I am running FreeBSD 6.2.

Thanks,

Jay