Re: write, then read delay with syncrepl/slapo-chain ?

Peter Mogensen wrote:
Hi,

I haev a quick question which I haven't been able to find an answer to in the docs:

I have a slapd master with a couple of slaves (syncrepl refreshAndPersist). I can get updates to be diverted to the master with the chain overlay, but as the FAQ says there'll be a small delay before the changes are replicated back to the slaves.
Is there anyway to automatically direct subsequent reads of the changed attributes to the master?

If you have access to the master why not just write to the master to begin with?

Else I guess I'll have to implement referral chasing logic in the client so it doesn't try to read from the slave immediately after writing (and getting a referral).

regards,
Peter

--
Kind Regards,