write, then read delay with syncrepl/slapo-chain ?

Hi,

I haev a quick question which I haven't been able to find an answer to in the docs:

I have a slapd master with a couple of slaves (syncrepl refreshAndPersist). I can get updates to be diverted to the master with the chain overlay, but as the FAQ says there'll be a small delay before the changes are replicated back to the slaves.
Is there anyway to automatically direct subsequent reads of the changed attributes to the master?

Else I guess I'll have to implement referral chasing logic in the client so it doesn't try to read from the slave immediately after writing (and getting a referral).

regards,
Peter