Re: Sync Replication via TLS/SSL - get bind err

I did not, as I didn't see it in the specification (although I didn't read the source code or the man page for slapd.conf) If I look at the man page I see there is an option starttls=yes. I tried that on the slave and sniffed, and VIOLA, I can see the TLS do the handshake for the certificate.

If someone can update the Admin guide to include the starttls option that would be cool .
Below is what is posted in the admin23 doc and the man page from 2.3.xx is below that. (I remember now why I love MAN pages) Thanks Quanah.

  syncrepl rid=<replica ID>
                provider=ldap[s]://<hostname>[:port]
                [type=refreshOnly|refreshAndPersist]
                [interval=dd:hh:mm:ss]
                [retry=[<retry interval> <# of retries>]+]
                [searchbase=<base DN>]
                [filter=<filter str>]
                [scope=sub|one|base]
                [attrs=<attr list>]
                [attrsonly]
                [sizelimit=<limit>]
                [timelimit=<limit>]
                [schemachecking=on|off]
                [bindmethod=simple|sasl]
                [binddn=<DN>]
                [saslmech=<mech>]
                [authcid=<identity>]
                [authzid=<identity>]
                [credentials=<passwd>]
                [realm=<realm>]
                [secprops=<properties>]

syncrepl rid=<replica ID> provider=ldap[s]://<hostname>[:port] [type=refreshOnly|refreshAndPersist] [interval=dd:hh:mm:ss] [retry=[<retry
[logbase=<base DN>] [logfilter=<filter str>] [syncdata=default|accesslog|changelog]