Re: Strange TLS behaviour with slapd 2.3.30 on Debian Etch

Howard Chu wrote:
> Denis Sacchet wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a strange behaviour regarding TLS encryption with an LDAP server.
> > Everything works like a charm for a while, and without any sign, the
> > server begins to not respond for TLS traffic. As the server is partially
> > open on internet, I force TLS, so it is very annoying for us.
> >
> > A trace of ldapsearch when there is the problem :
>
> Show the corresponding slapd debug output for the same situation.

Of course, I don't want to hijack the OP's thread but as our problems seem to
be rather similar I can also provide the corresponding slapd log:

[...]
      slapd starting
>>> slap_listener(ldap:///)ldap_pvt_gethostbyname_a: host=uranos, r=0
connection_get(11): got connid=0
connection_read(11): checking for input on id=0
ber_get_next
ber_get_next: tag 0x30 len 29 contents:
ber_get_next
ber_get_next on fd 11 failed errno=11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)
do_extended
ber_scanf fmt ({m) ber:
send_ldap_extended: err=0 oid= len=0
send_ldap_response: msgid=1 tag=120 err=0
ber_flush: 14 bytes to sd 11
connection_get(11): got connid=0
connection_read(11): checking for input on id=0
TLS trace: SSL_accept:before/accept initialization
TLS trace: SSL_accept:SSLv3 read client hello A
TLS trace: SSL_accept:SSLv3 write server hello A
TLS trace: SSL_accept:SSLv3 write certificate A
TLS trace: SSL_accept:SSLv3 write certificate request A
TLS trace: SSL_accept:SSLv3 flush data
TLS trace: SSL_accept:error in SSLv3 read client certificate A
TLS trace: SSL_accept:error in SSLv3 read client certificate A
connection_get(11): got connid=0
connection_read(11): checking for input on id=0
TLS trace: SSL3 alert write:fatal:handshake failure
TLS trace: SSL_accept:error in SSLv3 read client certificate B
TLS: can't accept.
TLS: error:140890C7:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_CERTIFICATE:peer did not
return a certificate s3_srvr.c:2471
connection_read(11): TLS accept failure error=-1 id=0, closing

[...]

Thanks,
Fabian